COMMUNITY LINKSHADDAM PUBLIC HEALTH, INC.
A non-profit, general public health agency serving the Town of Haddam.
11 Jail Hill Road, Haddam, 860-345-4621
The objectives of Haddam Public Health, Inc. are:
- To promote individual, family and community health.
- To promote the prevention of disease and maintenance of health in the community.
- To provide health and social service guidance and referrals to individuals and families.
- To work with other agencies in the community to address health and social needs.
A Reminder for Residents of Haddam About The Services Offered by Haddam Public Health Inc.
1) Emergency Food Bank-a varied supply of nonperishable food items plus personal hygiene products, paper goods and, when available, cat and dog food. Bread products are also distributed to families every two weeks. Help is available to new clients three weeks in a row and then monthly if the family is still struggling. Arrangements are generally made for the items to be picked up at the Haddam Public Health office during regular office hours but other arrangements can be made as needed.
2) Emergency Fuel Bank-on- time assistance is given for sources of heat-oil, electric, propane gas or wood.
3) Durable Medical Equipment-we maintain a good supply of walkers, commodes, transfer benches, wheelchairs, shower seats and other items that can be borrowed at no charge for short term use.
4) Referral Services-we are able to give direction to people in need of services available through other agencies both in Haddam and out-of-town. As part of this, caregiver support, grief support and other emotional support is given as well.
5) At Thanksgiving and again at Christmas we provide food boxes to needy families. Names are culled from our Food Bank list and referrals are taken from schools, churches, family and friends and sometimes, directly from the person in need. ( This past holiday season, we assisted sixty-seven households at each holiday.)
6) In August, we offer low cost Sports Physicals to Haddam and Killingworth children in grades five through twelve. This is done in advance of the start of team practices and performed by a local physician.
EMERGENCY FUEL BANK
The Haddam Emergency Fuel Bank is available for one time per family use during this current heating season. If you are in need of this service, please call Candace Casale, Haddam Public Health at (860)345-4621. Monetary donations are also welcome at any time and may be directed to the Haddam Emergency Fuel Bank, c/o Haddam Public Health, 11 Jail Hill Road, Haddam, CT 06438.
For further information about any of these services, contact Candace Casale, RN, BSN, Public Health Coordinator or Andrea Hearlth, Administrative Assistant at (860)345-4621 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
9 Town Transit -Public transit for Chester, Clinton, Deep River, Essex, Haddam, Killingworth, Lyme, Old Lyme, Old Saybrook, and Westbrook, with connections to New Haven, New London and Middletown areas.
HOUSES OF WORSHIP